LIC Jeevan Azad (868) was launched on nineteenth January 2023. Nevertheless, contemplating the options, eligibility and return expectations, do you have to make investments?
LIC’s Jeevan Azad is a Non-Linked, Non-Taking part, Particular person, and Financial savings plan which presents a mix of financial savings and safety plan.
This plan is accessible solely by means of OFFLINE mode.
Eligibility of LIC Jeevan Azad (868)
The eligibility situations are as under.
- Minimal age at entry – 90 days
- Minimal age at maturity – 18 years
- Most age at entry – 50 years
- Most age at maturity – 70 years
- Coverage Time period – 15 years to twenty years
- Premium paying time period – Coverage Time period minus 8 years. Therefore, in case you select 15 years coverage, then the coverage fee time period shall be 7 years and for 20 years coverage, it is going to be 12 years.
- Minimal Sum Assured – Rs.2 lakh
- Most Sum Assured – Rs.5 lakh
- The overall Primary Sum Assured beneath all insurance policies issued to a person beneath this plan shall not exceed Rs 5 lakh.
- This plan presents a settlement choice (to get the maturity advantages in installments).
- This plan presents the dying profit additionally in installments.
- Premiums could be paid often at yearly, half-yearly, quarterly or month-to-month intervals (month-to-month premiums by means of NACH solely) or by means of wage deductions.
Advantages of LIC Jeevan Azad (868)
# Maturity Profit
On Life Assured surviving the stipulated Date of Maturity, ’Sum Assured on Maturity’ which is the same as ‘Primary Sum Assured’ shall be payable.
# Loss of life Profit
The dying profit payable on the dying of the life assured through the coverage time period after the date of graduation of danger however earlier than the date of maturity shall be “Sum Assured on Loss of life” the place “Sum Assured on Loss of life” is outlined as increased of ‘Primary Sum Assured’ or ‘7 instances of Annualized Premium’.
This Loss of life Profit shall not be lower than 105% of “Whole Premiums Paid” as much as the date of dying.
Nevertheless, within the case of minor Life Assured, whose age at entry is under 8 years, on dying earlier than the graduation of Threat (as laid out in Para 2 under), the Loss of life Profit payable shall be a refund of premium(s) paid (excluding taxes, further premium and rider premium(s), if any), with out curiosity.
How a lot returns you may count on from LIC Jeevan Azad (868)?
Allow us to take an instance from the LIC brochure itself.
Now allow us to take an instance of a 30-year-old man choosing 20 years coverage. Therefore, his premium paying time period is 12 years. Based mostly on that if we calculate the returns on funding, it’s equal like your financial savings account rate of interest!!
If we add the tax, then returns will once more cut back. I’m not certain why LIC launched this plan the place nothing is new and within the present increased curiosity regime, who can go for such insurance policies?
LIC Jeevan Azad (868) – Why you could NOT make investments?
Allow us to take into account this as pure insurance coverage merchandise (for time being ignore the returns half), then you definitely seen that the utmost sum assured is simply Rs.5 lakh. Assume for what number of years your loved ones can survive in your absence with this dying profit. A 12 months or to the utmost two years. Then how this plan goes to be thought of a safety plan??
If we think about the returns half, then you definitely seen from the above calculation that it’s lower than 4%. Regardless of no matter method you calculate, the returns won’t cross past 5%. When within the present situation of high-interest charges enticing merchandise can be found means why one will make investments for 15 to twenty years and fulfill with a meager financial savings account charge.
LIC has a historical past of launching a brand new product through the month of December or January. Primarily to focus on tax-saving people. This plan I believe a hurriedly launched product targetting such people.
Contemplating all these pointers, I strongly recommend you steer clear of this product. Investing in merchandise like PPF offers you a superior return than this product.
HOWEVER, IF YOU ARE HAPPY WITH 4% TO 5% RETURNS FOR YOUR LONG-TERM INVESTMENT OF 15-20 YEARS, THEN PLEASE GO AHEAD AND INVEST!!